November 3, 2014
Other - --
Join your colleagues and the Center for Teaching and Learning in an online workshop about classroom management, beginning on November 3 and continuing, via VoiceThread, for 10 days. Some of our NYIT faculty and staff will be joining in as resource people and discussion facilitators providing their expertise and insight. Specific topics will include:
- teaching strategies fostering active and interactive learning
- holding students accountable for preparing for class
- preventing problems from arising and staying in control in difficult situations
- responding appropriately to problem students and class disruptions
- developing strategies dealing with students who leave at break, do not attend class, or turn in assignments
- using educational technologies to support classroom management
The workshop is asynchronous, meaning that you can read the materials and comment at your convenience. All you will need is a web browser and a webcam. Here’s how it will work: On November 3, resources will become available on the web. Participants will then have a conversation on VoiceThread for 1–2 weeks. Our goal is to bring faculty together from all our campuses, so we can explore the topic from all the cultural and societal frames of reference that comprise NYIT.
Please register to receive the link to materials and to be added to the email list. To reserve a seat at the workshop, please register at http://goo.gl/w1EDt7
We hope to see you there!
Center for Teaching and Learning