Live! Learn! Thrive with Us!
NYIT-Old Westbury Office of Residence Life & Off-Campus Housing
Students who plan to take courses at the Old Westbury campus are encouraged and invited to live in the residence halls located just a short driving distance from the NYIT campus. A shuttle service is provided seven days a week to get you back and forth to campus. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Residence Life & Off-Campus Housing and we will be happy to assist!
There are five Residence Halls:
- King Hall and Anthony Hall are our First Year Experience (FYE) residence halls. New students are placed in these residence halls, and the resident assistants provide programs and activities geared toward college success for the new students.
- Roosevelt Hall is for upper-class students and features a small architectural studio space and houses the Sassy 6 Bear Community
- Bolivar Hall is for upper-class students as well as any students who may need housing during the winter intersession. Also, referred to as the International Student Hall and Athletic Hall
- Kennedy Hall is for upper-class students and hosts our Life Sciences Living Learning Community; you must be a life sciences major or graduate student to live in Kennedy. Kennedy Houses the Game On! Bear Community
Types of Housing- Suite Style Living
All accommodations are suite style. A typical suite has two single rooms, two double rooms, a shared bathroom and small common area. Some suites are 8 person, with all double rooms.
Residence Hall Staffing
All NYIT, Residence Halls are supervised by full-time professionally trained Residential Life staff, Hall Directors, Resident Assistants and Community Development Assistants. Each building is staffed by a Hall Director, and a diverse staff of Resident Assistants and Community Development Assistants.
What's a Hall Director?
A Hall Director (HD) is a senior level staff member under the supervision of the Directors of Residence Life & Off-Campus Housing who serves to assist in the daily operation and management of two residence halls and is expected to supervise the Resident Assistants and Community Development Assistants within their assigned building/community and assist in some departmental duties as assigned.
What's a Resident Assistant?
A Resident Assistant (RA) is a paraprofessional staff member of the Office of Residence Life & Off-Campus Housing that reports directly to Hall Director, indirectly to the Directors of Residence Life & Off-Campus Housing.
Primarily, the RA is concerned with the growth and development of each individual on their floor and the building community as a whole. Additionally, RAs are continually striving to enhance the quality of life for our residents through programming on varies topics and building effective relationships with each resident through ongoing positive interactions.
What's a Community Development Assistant?
A Community Development Assistant (CDA) is a paraprofessional staff that provide support mainly in areas of assisting with monitoring facilities workers, clerical assistance, safety operations and management, and major in particular parts of ORL including: Community Development Assistant for Off-Campus-Housing and Community Development Assistant for Leadership and LLC.
The Office of Residence Life & Off- Campus Housing has a Lot of Fun & Interactive Events! Please Talk With Your RA to Find Out!
Spring Check-In Information
Residents will be able to check-in to their rooms at their assigned residence halls on the following dates:
- Sunday, January 18: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
- Monday, January 19: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Have questions? Feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com or call us at 516.686.1402.
Residence Life & Off-Campus Housing Staff
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org