- Where are the Residential Halls located?
- I'd like to visit the different residence halls before I decide. Can I do that?
- If I'm interested in residing in the residence hall, what must I first do?
- How much does it cost to live in the residence halls?
- What does the meal plan consist of?
- Are there plenty of places for the students to eat?
- Can I have a car on campus? Is there parking?
- How are the students able to commute between campuses?
- How are the students able to commute between buildings (i.e. Ed Hall to Academic Quad)?
- Is there transportation to the areas surrounding the SUNY Old Westbury Campus?
- Are there things to do on weekends?
- Is there security on campus?
- Does NYIT offer assistance with locating off-campus housing?
- How big are the rooms?
- Does NYIT offer health insurance?
The residence halls are located on the SUNY Old Westbury campus.
To tour the residence halls, contact NYIT Admissions at 1.800.345.NYIT or email@example.com.
Download an application, or come to the Office of Residence Life & Off-Campus Housing, read the application, complete accordingly, submit with $315 non-refundable deposit.
Current room and board rates can be found at Admissions.
Current plans and rates can be found at Admissions.
NYIT: Student Activity Center (SAC); Riland Café; Education Hall; Salten Hall
SUNY: Dining Hall and Atrium Cafe in Campus Center; Nathan's and Boar's Head Sandwich Shop in the Student Union; Dunkin' Donuts in the new Academic Building.
You may have a car as long as you have a parking decal and have registered your car with NYIT and University Police. Resident parking is located in the Academic Village Parking Lot.
Inter-campus shuttles run every half hour from the SUNY Residence Halls to the NYIT Old Westbury campus and back to SUNY.
Intra-campus shuttles run every 15 minutes taking students from the bus stop at the entrance of the campus to Education Hall.
Yes. Shuttle bus services makes stops at Waldbaums, Broadway Mall, Hicksville Train Station (LIRR), Sears and CVS. The N20 MTA Bus stops at the entrance to SUNY and runs stops between Hicksville Train Station and Flushing, Queens.
Of Course! Saturday Programs, Extensive RA Programming, Join the Residence Hall Council, Committees…
Campus security is provided by New York State University Police.
Not at this time. If you're a first-year student or transferring to NYIT, we recommend that you live in one of the college's residence halls, so that you'll be able to adjust to life at NYIT in the most supportive atmosphere. If you've been attending NYIT already, are a graduate student or an international student who prefers not to live in the residences, you will have to make your own arrangements for housing. Local newspapers or real estate agencies are the best place to start.
Each room is unique in size and set up. In general, the single rooms are approximately 10 feet by 9 feet and doubles are 18 feet 2 inches by 10 feet. If you live in a bridge room, the dimensions are 16 feet 4 inches by 12 feet.
Information and requirements for health insurance can be found at Counseling & Wellness Services.