Earn your M.F.A. today in the heart of New York City
NYIT’s Department of Fine Arts welcomes applications from artists seeking to develop their artistic prowess and further their careers. Choose from three innovative graduate degree options:
NYIT’s Manhattan campus is located in the heart of New York City, just blocks from world-renowned centers of art and design like MoMA. Pursuing your M.F.A. here offers you:
- the advantage of small classes with individualized attention
- state-of-the-art facilities and resources including 3D printers and a motion capture studio
- the opportunity to screen films and animations at NYIT’s prestigious NYIT Auditorium on Broadway
- a chance to get feedback from New York City artists and industry professionals in classroom critiques
- internships at some of the city’s most important companies
- access to computer graphics and graphic design events held on campus
- access to New York City’s fine art museums and galleries
Integrating theory, technology, and practice in a studio environment, the programs enable you to foster your creativity and curiosity while taking advantage of convergent technologies in the arts. The program supports and encourages you as you create original works of art and design, while NYIT’s long commitment to computer graphics and profession-ready focus helps you prepare for a wide range of career options.
Students who have completed an M.A. in Communication Arts at NYIT may apply credits towards their M.F.A. degree, but will still need to complete a minimum of 30 M.F.A. credits to earn the degree.
Students who matriculated in the M.A. in Communication Arts program at NYIT may utilize more than 9 credits toward their M.F.A. degree with permission of the program director.