Adjunct Assistant Professor
New Technology Building
16 W 61st Street
New York, NY 10023
- MFA, New York Institute of Technology
- MA, New York Institute of Technology
- BFA, School of Visual Arts
- AA, Nassau Community College
Areas of Scholarly and Artistic Interest
- History of Illustration, Film and Sequential Art. 3D Stereo and Lenticular images
After his graduation from The School of Visual Arts, Prof. Martin embarked on a career as a freelance illustrator. His finely detailed acrylic paintings have appeared on book, video and software jackets, magazine covers, posters and greeting cards. His illustrations have also been seen all over the world through his work as a stamp designer for countries from Azerbaijan to Zambia. He has taught Drawing, Painting, Airbrush, 2D Design, 3D Design, History of Graphic Design and Sculpture at area schools including Nassau Community College, Gibbs College and Middlesex County College, as well as NYIT. He lives with his wife, daughter and thousands of books in New Jersey.
Editorial and advertising illustrations for magazines, videos, books, etc. Clients include 7-Up USA, American Bar Association Journal, Doubleday Books, Warner Books, Houghton Mifflin, Washingtonian, Chelsea House Publishers, Cinefantastique Magazine, Journal of Accountancy, Baen Books, Harper Collins, Globe Books, GoodTimes Home Video, GT Software, Grey Advertising, Reason Foundation, The Animal's Agenda, New Jersey Lawyer, National Wildlife Foundation, Inter-Governmental Philatelic Corporation, The Jewish Publication Society, CBS Special Products, Scholastic Magazine.
- Howard Pyle, A Chronicle- Charles D. Abbott
- Drawing the Head and Hands- Andrew Loomis
- The Twilight of Painting- R.H. Ives Gammell