Old Westbury Campus:
Midge Karr Fine Arts Center
Old Westbury, NY 11568
New Technology Building
16 W 61st St.
New York, NY 10023
Phone OW: 516.686.7542
Phone MA: 212.261.1769
- MFA Pratt Institute
- BFA NYIT
Areas of Scholarly and Artistic Interest
- Computer graphics education and visual literacy
- Ante mortem facial imaging methods for forensic investigation
- Digital sculpture applied to the creation of large scale physical projects
- 3D computer animation and storytelling
- Aesthetics of emerging technologies in visual communication
Peter is currently researching the possibility of creating an algorithm that would automate the generation of facial counterpart to individual human skulls. The application would then be used in cases involving unidentified human remains.
Peter Voci holds the rank of full professor in the School of Arts and Sciences at the New York Institute of Technology. He developed the graduate Computer Graphics Specialization program 1982.
As well as having a variety of hands on experience in the more traditional methods of art and visual communications, he has also contributed via the electronic medium by extensively exhibiting in both national and international arenas. Professor Voci has lectured on the subjects of visual literacy and image manipulation and has also juried numerous art and computer animation competitions.
On the scientific research side, Peter Voci has been working with law enforcement agencies, medical examiners offices and forensic anthropologists as an imaging specialist in the field of antemortem digital facial reconstruction.
As a freelance graphic designer and art services consultant, his commercial clients include
- IBM Armonk and Tarrytown, New York;
- Texaco Corp at Harrison, New York;
- Continental Can at Stamford, Connecticut;
- Chermayeff & Geismar, New York, New York; Art Options, New York, New York; Corporate Art Directions, New York, New York;
- Cadmen Towers Assoc., New York, New York;
- Computech, Garden City, New York;
- Art Planing Consultants, New York, New York;
- Norlin Technology Corp, White Plains, New York;
- Robert Goodnough New York, New York;
- Rebecca Blake Studio New York, New York;
- Bank of Tokyo, New York, New York;
- New York Society of Security Analysts New York, New York;
- CBM Corp., New York, New York;
- Foundation for Business Politics and Economics, Houston, Texas.
Professor Voci has also contributed his efforts by serving as a member of several service oriented academic committees including: The Vision 21 Project advisory committee, the NYIT Faculty Senate distance learning steering committee, the NYIT Faculty Senate Internet committee, the NYIT Faculty Senate Educational Technology committee, the Art, Science and Communication School Personnel committee and the Fine Arts Department Search committee.
In addition, Peter Voci has made presentations to the Technology Committee of the New York State Education Department; has received a certificate of appreciation from the Suffolk County Viet Nam Veterans Association; has worked with the Yonkers Police Department and with the Westchester Medical Examiners Office on facial reconstruction cases; has developed a high school outreach program for the arts, has produced video presentations for schools in the Dominican Republic and has developed an internship program for NYIT Fine Arts students at Acclaim Entertainment, Glen Cove New York.
- NY Siggraph Media Shock, NYC
- Electronic Theater, Chicago, Illinois
- Medien Operative Videofest, Berlin
- London Film Festival, London, UK
- Madrid TV, Madrid
- Montage, Rochester, New York
- WRO Exhibition, Krakow, Poland
- ORF Exhibition, Austria
- Graphic Design Association Conference, Japan
- 6th Computer Animation Festival, Geneva, Switzerland
- National Siggraph Exhibitions in Orlando, Atlanta, Georgia; Anaheim, California, and Las Vegas Nevada
- BitMovie Exhibition, Riccione, Italy
- First Electronic Symposium of Electronic Arts, Utrecht, Netherlands
- Imagina, Monte Carlo
- CRASH Exhibition, Beloit, Wisconsin Museum, Wisconsin
- Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey
The New York Times, Newsday, I.E.E.E, Computer Graphics Applications, Leonardo Art and Science, MacWeek, Computer Pictures Magazine, PIXEL, International Design Journal, N.A.N.D., Personal Computing Magazine, World Graphic Design Now, F.I.S.E.A., Image du Futur, IMAGINA, Siggraph Show Daily, Digital Photography Random House, BAT Graphics and Design, North County News Westchester, Aperture Magazine, Global Canvas, and a number of other professional trade journals and exhibition catalogs.
Curatorial Activities and other Professional Activities
- Image du Futur's International Computer Graphics Art and Animation Festival sponsored by the Cite des Arts in Montreal (Jury President)
- Long Island Art Teachers Association exhibition, BOCES Media and Arts Show,
- American Ref-fuel design competition
- Siggraph Art Show Jury, 2001
- Keynote speaker at the First International Symposium on Computer Graphics in Istanbul, Turkey, 2003
- Siggraph Educator Conference Panel Memeber, 2004