New Technology Building
16 W 61st Street
New York, NY 10023
- MFA Pratt Institute
- BFA Syracuse University
Areas of Scholarly and Artistic Interest
- Digital Arts
- Graphic Arts & Design
K. “Patty” Wongpakdee received her M.F.A. in Computer Graphics at Pratt Institute and her B.F.A. at The School of Visual & Performing Arts, Syracuse University.
Professor Wongpakdee, has managed projects from concept to production for a wide variety of clients. As a Senior Designer/Art Director for Ernst & Young, she has designed the artistic components for business proposals, brochures, and invitations for corporate functions. Clients have included CBS, General Electric, IBM, SUNY University Hospital and MaxMara. She has received an award for Outstanding Design for a Corporate Publication, in the 58th Annual Graphics Arts Exhibition, NY, 2002.
In 2003, Prof. Wongpakdee took the position of Co-Principal of “K Squared Design”, where her work included package design for Oasis Day Spa's “BLUE” products; cover design for music CDs, brochures, as well as unique announcements and holiday cards.
In addition to teaching, Prof. Wongpakdee is committed to her own artwork. Most recently, her work involves printing the digital art on to a canvas and traditional paints and collage techniques are added to create digital paintings.
- "Computer Graphics for Designers and Artist" I.V. Kerlow & J. Rosebush
- "Digital Photo Illustration" Jeremy Gardiner
Recommended web sites
- www.comphist.org/computing_history/new_page_6.htm: History of Computer Graphics
- www.library.cornell.edu/preservation/tutorial/intro/intro-01.html: Digital Imaging Tutorial: Basic Terminology
- www.whatiscopyright.org: Copyright
- www.aiga.org: American Institute of Graphic Artist
- Print, America's Graphic Design Magazine, RC Publications, Inc., bi-monthly.
- Scott McCloud, Understanding Comics, The Invisible Art. Harper Paperbacks, 1994.
- Alex W. White, The Elements of Graphic Design. Allworth Press, 2002
- Steven Heller, Design Literacy. Allworth Press, 2004
- Allan Lightman, Einstein’s Dreams, a novel. Vintage, 2004