New Technology Building
16 W 61st Street
New York, NY 10023
- BFA Syracuse University
Areas of Scholarly and Artistic Interest
- metal sculpture
- sculptural furniture
- art for public spaces
- Michelle Greene is currently working on a new series of sculptures at her studio in the Brooklyn Navy Yard
Michelle Greene received her BFA from Syracuse University. She received her Teaching Credential from the University of California Berkeley. Ms. Greene also teaches art at The New School University and The Educational Alliance.
In the past she has taught at The Sculpture Center School, New Jersey City University, Parsons School of Design, and Chabot College. Her recent curatorial work includes an exhibit titled "Direct Metal" with works by the New York City Sculptor's Guild.
Professor Greene received an Invitational Grant in 2003 from the Engelhard Corporation to work with their chemists on color "powder coated pigments" for a sculpture project.
Shee has had several articles published about her work in The New York Times. Other articles have been written in The New York Daily News, New York Newsday, Art News Magazine,The Crafts Report Magazine, Rockland Journal News, the west side spirit, and The Chelsea News. Her work has also been featured on ABC television and Paragon Cale Television.
Michelle is committed to making art and has a studio in The Brooklyn Navy Yard. Her sculpture Rail Rider's Throne is in the permanent collection of The New York City Metropolitan Transit Authority. It is installed at the Columbia University subway station, 116th Street on the numbers 1 and 9 line.
- Saatchi & Saatchi Exhibit, Saatchi Bldg., New York, New York, 2003
- The Sculptor's Guild, "Direct Metal", New York, New York, 2003
- The Educational Aliance, "Faculty Exhibit", New York, New York, 2003
- The Rockland Center for the Arts, "Sculpture Takes Over", New York, New York, 2001
- New York Daily News, "Direct Metaol", December 2003
- The Crafts Report, "Art in Restuarants", 2001
- New York Newsday, "Metropolitan Masterpieces", August 2003
- Rockland Journal News, "Best Bet", July 1999
- ABC Television, "Subway Art", November 1994
- New York Times, "Raising the Sights of Subway Riders and Commuters", August 1994
- New York Newsday, "High Minded Culture for Riders Underground", July 1993
- Art News Magazine, "RailRiders' Throne, January 1992
- Paragon Cable Television, New York City, January 1992
- New York Times, "Subterranean Throne; a Seat Worth Tussling For", October 1991
- The West Side Spirit, New York City, 1991
- The Chelsea News, New York City, 1991
Selected Curatorial Activities
- "Direct Metal" New York City Sculptors Guild, 2003
Recommended web sites