Adjunct Assistant Professor
Midge Karr Fine Arts Center
Old Westbury, NY 11568
- MA New York Institute of Technology - 1987
- Computer Graphics Specialization
- BFA New York Institute of Technology -1979, Painting
Areas of Scholarly and Artistic Interest
Developed a multi-media process in which traditional painting and drawing methods are explored through a digital processor to create a composite work. The images combine electronic image making, conventional oil painting and pastel drawing. Each image becomes more of an abstraction of the natural world, forming a new visual construct of nature.
Painter. Adjunct Professor at NYIT, 1990 to present. Worked in research and development of the SGI lab at the Midge Karr Art Center, 1992-1994. Worked as a CG animator on various commercial and artistic projects:
- "The Word" - Telecare network, cable TV
- "Horizon at NYIT" De Seversky Video Center
- "Portrait of the Artist" Marvin Horowitz-sculptor
- "Little Joe Computer Show" Jim St. Lawrence producer
- COMPU*TECH Joseph Claro, publisher
- "ESTER" at Rattner Memorial Studio, Sag Harbor, N.Y.
- Gallery 61, 16 West 61 st St. New York, N.Y. Fine Arts faculty shows 2006-present.
- WAR Selected Impressions 2006
- Creating With Technology
- SIGGRAPH 1994 CG work included in Design Exhibition - Orlando, Florida.
- "SCAM" (Starving Computer Artists Market) selected by the 1992 SIGGRAPH Electronic Theater Jury - Chicago, Ill. Worked as animator and script writer on the conceptual development and subsequent production.
- "THIS OL' PSYCHO HOUSE" Worked as an animator and script writer on production. Entered in the 1990 SIGGRAPH show.
- "BIRDBRAINSTORM" selected by the 1989 SIGGRAPH Animation Screening Room Jury - Boston, Mass. Worked as script writer and electronic editor.
- Hempstead Harbor Artists Exhibition, Glen Cove, New York. Group exhibition of computer graphics.
- New York Institute of Technology, Computer Graphics Slide and Video Show.