Science teachers, faculty and students are invited to attend an engaging workshop about wireless technology in health care. This workshop is part of a National Science Foundation grant to stimulate student interest in the STEM Fields (science, technology, engineering, and math).
Friday, April 26, 2013
1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
NYIT de Seversky Mansion
As part of the workshop, NYIT faculty will talk to students about different opportunities in wireless technology in order to equip students for innovative engineering careers.
Who should attend:
- High School Science Teachers
- College and University Faculty Members
- NYIT Students
NYIT faculty will present the following topics at the workshop:
- Provide an overview of NYIT’s initiative to enhance the electrical and computer engineering curriculum by integrating wireless technology
- Explore wireless projects through hands-on experiences
- Showcase exemplar student projects from the Spring 2012 semester
- Exchange ideas with participants on improving student experiences in STEM education
- Establish bridges with high schools, community colleges, and other universities
This project is an interdisciplinary collaboration among NYIT faculty and students, fusing the fields of electrical and computer engineering, computer science, medicine, and instructional technology.
If you have any questions or would like to register for the workshop, please email email@example.com.
RSVP by April 12, 2013. Lunch will be served starting at 1 p.m.