Adjunct Assistant Professor
Appointed in September, 2005
Recent Courses Taught
- EDCO 810, Research Assessment, Technology
- EDCO 640 School Counseling Program
- EDCO 725, School Violence and Student Behavior Management
- EDCO 870, Practicum in School Counseling
- EDCO 645, Technology for School Counselors
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Rotunda served as Chairman of the Guidance Department at Stimson Middle School in the S. Huntington School District, Huntington Station, NY from 1995-2011. Prior to this assignment, he served as a middle school counselor in the Carle Place and Herricks School Districts. Dr. Rotunda served as the current President of the New York State School Counselor Association (NYSSCA) in 2009-2010, and is currently Executive Director of NYSSCA
- Ed.D., Educational Administration and Technology, Dowling College, Oakdale, NY, 2005
- P.D., Queens College School Administration Program, Queens, NY, 1995
- M.A., Counseling, St. Mary’s University, San Antonio, TX, 1976
- B.S., History, State University at Brockport, NY 1974
- Executive Director, New York State School Counselors Association, 2012 to present
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, New York Institute of Technology, 2005 to present. Counselor Education, School of Education and Professional Services.
- Director of Guidance, Stimson Middle School, South Huntington School District, 1995 to 2011. Led department of 5 counselors, 3 psychologists, 2 social workers. Budgeting, curriculum development, student management system responsibility.
- Guidance Counselor, Carle Place Middle School, Herricks Middle School. 1987-1995. Performed duties of middle school counselors. Led middle school teams.
- “Our Approach to Middle Schools”, Stimson Middle School, inhouse publication.
- “Group Guidance for Middle School Counselors”, Stimson Middle School, inhouse publication.
- UFT Counselors Conference, January, 2012. . “How to Implement the Comprehensive School Counseling Model in the Real World”. “What School Counselors Need to Know and Be Able to Do About Accountability MEASURE 101”
- Guidance EXPO, October 2011, “How to Implement the Comprehensive School Counseling Model in the Real World”. “What School Counselors Need to Know and Be Able to Do About Accountability, MEASURE 101”
- Guidance EXPO, October 2009, “Comprehensive School Counseling—Moving from an Oral Tradition to a Coherent Plan”
- NYSSCA Conference, October 2009, “Listen to Our Voices: What Do We Need to Help Us Implement the NYSSCA/ASCA National Model”
- Turkish Cultural Association, October 2009, Guest Speaker
- New York State Council of Educational Associations, February 2009, “The New York State Model for Comprehensive K-12 School Counseling Programs: An Overview”
- International Counseling Congress, Istanbul, Turkey, April 2008, “Organizing and Providing Theme-Centered Groups Work with Adolescents in a U.S. Middle School”
- 14th International Roundtable (INET) on School, Family, and Community Partnerships, March 2008, “Parent Involvement Survey: A Factor Analysis and Construct Validity Study”
- NYSSCA Professional Development, December 2006, “Data Dialogue”
- NYSSCA Conference, October 2006, “Theme Centered Group Work”
- Dowling College Practical Research Symposium, March, 2006. “A Study of Parental Involvement, Student Achievement, and Poverty in a Suburban Middle School”.
- Eastern Suffolk BOCES Building Capacity to Use and Apply Data Conference, February, 2006. “A Study of Parental Involvement, Student Achievement, and Poverty in a Suburban Middle School”.