The ICTs (information and communication technologies) our project adopts are:
- Word processing: students use word processing tool to write research journals.
- Spreadsheet: students use spreadsheet tool to collect/log data, and analyze data using charts.
- Web search engines: students research information related to their scientific inquiry tasks.
- Social networking: students use social networking site to collaborate and communicate their research findings.
- Still images/videl clips: students use images or video clips to collect data to examine their hypothesis.
- Google Earth: students use Google Earth to create multimodal information to present their research findings.
- Cyber database: students use public cyber databases to collect data.
- Real time response system: students design their real time response system to answer their research questions.
- iPad: the teachers use iPad to facilitate the scientific inquiry tasks in the classrooms.
- Probeware: students use probeware to collect water quality data, and use iPad app to analyze data.
(Continue to expand the list)
- Setup a Google Account using current email address (Your current email address is your Google account)
- Setup an Apple account
- Reboot iPod Touch/Power off and power on iPod Touch
- Setup passcode lock for your iPod Touch
- Setup network (wifi) on iPod Touch (proxy.nyit.edu, port:80)
- Setup Google calendar and email (exchange account): caution! Do not use "gmail" in setting, use "exchange" instead. Here is another instruction on how to sync Google with iPod devices.
- Backup/restore: sync with iTune
- What if you forgot your Apple account password?
- Apply a DropBox account and install the DropBox app
- How to look for apps? (Use iTunes Store, App Store)
- How to install apps on iPod Touch
- How to setup "Find my phone"?