6th Annual NYIT Energy Conference - "Beyond Carbon: Offshore Energy and Technologies"
Reducing our “carbon addiction,” understanding climate change’s devastating effects on the planet, and implementing new wind and ocean wave technologies will help limit our reliance on carbon-based fuels, speakers at NYIT’s annual energy conference agreed on Thursday, June 2, 2011
Read the full story.
- Dr. Monique Leclerc, University of Georgia, Laboratory for Environmental Physics
- Dr. Habib Dagher, University of Maine, DeepCwind Consortium
- Jonathan Colby, Verdant Power
- Michael Raftery, Stevens Institute of Technology
- Markian Melnyk, Atlantic Wind Connection
- Anita Thompkins, US EPA
- Michael Deering, LIPA
The event included a demonstration of the NYIT PHEV driveshare vehicle.
Energy and Technology Art Show
New York Institute of Technology presented the Energy and Technology Art Show, an Art Competition for NYIT students. This competition challenged NYIT students to visually represent issues of sustainability and the need for creating alternative energy sources.
Artwork was selected by a jury of professional artists and faculty.
Selected artworks were on display in conjunction with the Offshore Energy Conference on June 2, 2011, in NYIT de Seversky Mansion.