NYIT Energy Conference -
Preparing for Climate Change
Thursday, June 13, 2013
The annual NYIT Energy Conference took place on June 13, 2013. Science, disaster, and energy experts agreed that extreme weather will continue to disrupt lives around the world, with severe social, political, and economic implications.
- William Acker, Ph.D., Executive Director, New York Battery and Energy Storage Technology Consortium (NY-BEST)
- David Droz, Assistant Vice President, Business Development, Urban Green Energy
- Susanna Hoffman, Ph.D., Disaster Anthropoligist, Author, and Director, Hoffman Consulting
- Rosy Lum, Chief Analyst, Transmission Hub, a PennWell Publication
- Doug Melzer, Chief Executive, City of Long Beach Medical Center
- Cynthia Rosenzweig, Ph.D., Senior Research Scientist, NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Science
- Mark Schwarz, Building Plans Examiner, Dept. of Buildings, Town of Hempstead
- Louis Uccellini, Ph.D., Director, National Weather Service
- Rahul Walawalkar, Ph.D., Vice President, Emerging Technologies and Markets, Customized Energy Solutions
- Rae Zimmerman, Ph.D., Director, Institute for Civil Infrastructure, NYU
Continuing Education Credit
Attendees are eligible for five hours of Continuing Education Credits applicable to re-registration as a professional engineer or registered architect.