Partnering with Career Services
Moms, dads, parents, grandparents, and all family members: The Office of Career Services is committed to providing career education and guidance to your family member attending NYIT. We share your commitment of seeing our students through their college years. We offer them guidance as they identify their career path and learn about career opportunities in their field of study. We assist them in creating effective marketing tools (resumes and cover letters) and prepare them to confidently interview for competitive internship and career positions in their field.
Do you, as an employer, have an internship or job opportunity for an NYIT student? Let the Office of Career Services post your position, at no charge, on Career Net, our job/internship student information database.
What's a Family Member to Do?
- Support your student's choice of major and encourage career exploration.
- Recommend your student use Focus, an online self-assessment tool. It's helps them analyze who they are, what they value, and what their interests, skills, and abilities are.
- Conduct your own research about his or her desired field of study so you can be knowledgeable of a pending career choice.
- Suggest your student participate in co-curricular activities and career events on campus.
- Advise your student to use our downloadable Career Resource Guide (pdf) to develop career marketing tools such as resume and cover letter and presentation skills such as mock interviewing, business dress and etiquette.
- Encourage your student to login to Career Net to start his or her job/internship search.
- Reach out to Career Services with all your career related questions.
- Browse through these career related articles:
FAQs for Parents - sign up for the Parents and Family Members e-newsletter. Just email email@example.com
|Contact The Office of Career Services:|
Old Westbury campus