NYIT now offers students, faculty, and staff members a healthy, fun, and green method of transportation via the pilot NYIT Bike Share Program on the Old Westbury and Manhattan campuses — the first of its kind at any university in the New York metropolitan area. Each campus program has been developed to reflect the unique needs and location of each campus.
Participants must register in person at one of the following informational sessions to be held concurrently at the Student Activities Building (second floor) in Manhattan, and the Student Activity Center's Bears Den at the Old Westbury campus. Upon registration, participants will be required to sign a waiver, watch a bike safety orientation video, and pay a one-time $15 fee.
Got Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Old Westbury campus pilot Bike Share Program offers two options, a full-semester bike share program and a recreational program. In each option, students, faculty, and staff register by signing a waiver, watching an orientation video, and paying a $15 administration fee to cover maintenance of the bicycles. Registration (in-person only) sessions will be held at the Student Activity Center Bears Den, as follows:
- Monday, Sept. 21, noon - 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 23, 2 - 3 p.m.
Thursday, Sept. 24, 2 - 3 p.m. and 5 - 6 p.m.
Option 1: Full-Semester Bike Share
- Helmets and keys are distributed to registered students, faculty or staff for the entire semester (a waiting list will be created if the demand for bikes is greater than the supply).
- Once registered, participants have access to any bike secured at campus bike racks (adjacent to shuttle bus stations) during the semester.
Registered students will be able to ride from residence halls to the NYIT campus, following prescribed route
Option 2: Recreational Bike Share Program
- Registered students, faculty, or staff can check out a helmet and lock key by providing a valid ID to the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation (during weekday hours; weekend hours will be announced).
- Upon return of the bike, helmet, and key, the ID will be returned.
- If bike /helmet/key are not returned by close of business (Monday-Thursday, 7 p.m.; Friday, 3 p.m.), the ID is held and the participant will be fined.