Search Ask NYIT:
Search within Admissions
I believe I received an incorrect grade. What should I do?

If you believe you have received an incorrect grade, you must contact the course instructor. Notify your instructor that you have a dispute with the grade you received and that you would like to request a change of grade. If the instructor agrees that the grade should be changed, he/she will process a change of grade form. The instructor will sign the form and send it along with the appropriate documentation to the chair of the department to sign. Once the instructor’s and chairperson’s signatures are obtained, the form is then sent to the Office of the Registrar for the grade change to be processed. If the instructor refuses to change your grade, you may initiate a grade appeal procedure (PDF) within one semester of receiving the grade. For assistance with the grade change or grade appeal procedure, please contact the Office of the Registrar on your campus.

If you have questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 516.686.7580 or e-mail