Search Ask NYIT:
Search within Admissions
How do I change my major?

Undergraduate students need to fill out the Application to Change Undergraduate Major and collect signatures from the deans of both the school in which they are currently majoring and the school that offers the major they are considering. Please consider this decision carefully and speak with your advisor before beginning this process. Also, please contact an advisor in the new major to learn the new major requirements.

Graduate students wishing to change their major or change from a bridge program to a major need to contact the Office of Admissions for a necessary form. If you are changing a concentration within your major, contact your academic department to obtain a change of concentration form.

If you have questions, please contact the Student Solutions Center at 516.686.7878 or e-mail