This year’s Presidential Award will recognize faculty and staff who have made major contributions to increasing engagement with our NYIT students.
Please use the links below to complete the online nominations for the following award categories:
Engaged Teaching and Learning by Faculty
Student Engagement in Cross-Disciplinary Activities
Student Engagement in Research and Scholarship
Student Engagement by Professional Staff
- Student Engagement in Global Education
NYIT Presidential Engagement Awards are open to NYIT employees at any NYIT campus or location around the globe. You can nominate someone else or self-nominate.
- Full- and part-time faculty members are eligible for Teaching awards
- Tenured, tenure-track, and clinical faculty are eligible for Research awards
- All full- and part-time employees are eligible for Professional Staff and Global Education Student Engagement awards
Initial applications should consist of a brief description of how the nominee meets criteria for the specific award. Self-nominations are permitted. The Presidential Engagement Awards Committee will review initial applications and invite the strongest nominees to complete a follow-up application with more detail as specified in the award criteria and evidence of improved learning, satisfaction, teaching, student engagement, and/or research results in a 2-5 page narrative.
2013-2014 Presidential Engagement Awards Nomination Deadline
- Extended deadline for nominations: Thursday, May 15, 2014