NYIT Online Help
Blackboard Quick Help
This collection of support videos was created by Technology-Based Learning Systems for:
Download a one-page summary of Faculty Support for Blackboard (PDF)
Blackboard Faculty Drop-In Support sessions
All sections of all courses automatically have shells created for them on Blackboard. These shells can be used for fully online and blended courses, and can also be used to organize face-to-face courses: distributing handouts, collecting assignments, communicating with students, and making grades available to students. See these video tutorials for assistance, or come to one of the weekly Drop-In Support sessions or via Zoom Conference, where a staff member from Technology-Based Learning Systems (TBLS) is available to assist you with Blackboard questions. See schedule below for specific date(s) and time(s):
|In-Person Support Sessions|
|Summer||To set up an appointment for MA or OW campuses, please contact Mr. Elpidio Dela Cruz at email@example.com or 631-348-3098.||9 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Zoom Sessions||Summer||Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Helpdesk at 1-800-462-9041 for an appointment.||9 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Summer||Please call the Helpdesk at 1-800-462-9041||9 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
Note: In order to join the online sessions, you must have an Internet connection, a headset, and a webcam.
Support for Faculty
Academic Computing Services is available to assist you with basic Blackboard functions such as:
- logging in
- uploading documents
- enabling student tracking
- copying course content from a previous semester
Please call 516.686.1400, or email email@example.com to make an appointment.
Technology-Based Learning Systems is available to assist you in using Blackboard's more advanced features such as:
- navigating within the course shell
- building course content
- using specific tools such as the Grade Center, journals, blogs, wikis, and discussion boards
- generating reports of student activity
- creating tests and quizzes
- creating assignments—with or without automatic plagiarism checks
- development of rich media
- keeping your course running in the event of an emergency closing
You can consult with TBLS through scheduled workshops, webinars, and calls or e-mails to the help desk. Call 800.462.9041 or 631.348.3317 and leave a message with your name, e-mail address or phone number, and the best time to reach you, plus a short description of the problem you'd like help with.
If you need more information, or if there are specific Bb features you are interested in exploring, please contact Elpidio Delacruz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Center for Teaching and Learning is available to assist you in designing or redesigning your courses to:
- include more interaction and active learning
- increase student engagement with the content
- increase the time students spend 'on task'
- rethink the ways in which you assess student learning
You can schedule a consultation at your convenience by sending an email to email@example.com.