To be eligible for this award, individuals and groups whose job responsibilities include providing student services must have gone beyond job requirements to propose significant improvements in standard practice to increase active student engagement.
This award is intended to recognize individuals or teams who have developed and used innovative strategies to increase student engagement in extracurricular activities and/or service learning opportunities in and beyond the NYIT community.
The narrative should include:
- A description of what was done and why,
- An explanation of how the new engagement strategies have improved the well-being and sense of community among students, and
- How these strategies can be sustained/expanded/improved in the future.
Entries will be judged according to:
- Documentation of positive changes in student engagement
- Evidence of the impact of the engagement strategies on improved learning